5 Key Benefits of Using a Corrugated Box Machine
In order for businesses to remain relevant in a competitive market, they need to utilize the current best practices and latest technology, as well as modernize their operations. This is true not just in product development and marketing, but also in how businesses package and ship their products. Many companies are stuck in the past when it comes to their product packaging, which is costing them valuable time, money and efficiency.
If you’re still ordering a set number of boxes for packaging and shipping your products, then you’re among those who are stuck in the past. The most innovative companies are utilizing On Demand Packaging®. Packsize’s On Demand Packaging® involves using a corrugated box machine to create the right-sized box you need for the product you need to ship, on-site and in-real time. Read on to learn about some of the key benefits of using your own corrugated box machine.
- Make boxes in real-time. One of the best advantages of a corrugated box machine is it allows companies to make the boxes they need in real-time. As described above, this means you’ll always have the correct sized box needed for the specific item you are shipping. No longer will you need to buy a set amount of boxes in a few sizes that are not suited for all of your products. As a result, your employees won’t have a large box inventory to manage, freeing up their time to focus on what matters most— getting a customer’s order packaged and shipped.
- Open up valuable warehouse space. Your business’ warehouse space is very valuable. Without a large inventory of boxes in your warehouse, you’ll have more space that can be better optimized. Use your warehouse to store your products, rather than piles of boxes.
- Reduce DIM weight charges. Now that FedEx and UPS use dimensional (DIM) weight pricing on all of their ground packages, including those under 3 cubic feet, businesses need to rethink the way they package their products. Packsize research found 40% of the average package is wasted space. Wasted space means higher shipping costs. Fortunately, On Demand Packaging® resolves this issue, as you can create the smallest box possible for the item you’re shipping.
- Minimize your environmental impact. Without a corrugated box machine, you’re using packages that are too large for the products you’re shipping, which means more filler material, wasted space and excess corrugated cardboard. It’s important for businesses to exhibit a strong commitment to sustainability in every area of their company, including packaging and shipping. On Demand Packaging® minimizes your environmental impact through eliminating wasted space and the need for filler materials, such as packaging peanuts.
- Enhance customer satisfaction. Your customers care about the environment and expect your business to express the same values. Sending a package that’s too large for the product and filled with void material tells your customer you are not committed to environmental protection. On Demand Packaging® minimizes your environmental impact shows your company greatly values sustainability. It also eliminates the annoyance of having to dispose of all the excessive packaging. And, since there’s less filler material and room for a product to shift during transit, the risk of product damage is significantly reduced.
These are a few of the major benefits of using a corrugated box machine. Utilize these advantages and make the switch to On Demand Packaging® today. For more information, fill out the contact form found here or contact us at 1-801-944-4814.