We’re in this together — Packsize International’s Statement on COVID-19
At Packsize, we have global attention on the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Each day provides new information for our collective businesses and communities. Our teams are closely monitoring daily developments and are taking the appropriate steps consistent with the protocols provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
I know that first and foremost on your mind is making sure you are taking the appropriate precautions to care for yourself, your family, employees, and others around you. Their health, safety, and welfare are a priority for us all.
No doubt you are also focused on taking care of your businesses and your customers. I had the wonderful opportunity this past week to present at Modex 2020, the largest manufacturing and supply chain expo of the year. During that time, I was able to discuss with many industry leaders our shared concerns involving the impact COVID-19 may have on all businesses. Upon returning, I would like to share with you the measures Packsize is taking to ensure resiliency within our supply chain.
- Our global business continues to operate with minimal operational impact. We are supporting people working from home as a preventative measure when advised by local authorities or company leadership.
- We are actively engaging with all of our suppliers to ensure business continuity plans are in place. To date, we have not experienced any disruption. We continue to operate with identical capacity available to us and have been supplying all customer orders with no change in customer service. We will continue to monitor and are prepared to scale operations accordingly, in response to demand.
- We have taken several steps to help ensure the reliability of our critical business processes and supporting infrastructures to continue to provide high-quality On Demand Packaging® support and services. This includes up-front prevention and mitigation efforts to ensure joint continued business viability.
- We are asking all employees across all Packsize operations, especially those who interact with our customers, to take appropriate preventative measures and to use good judgement. This includes exercising social distancing and recommended prevention practices on a regular and consistent basis as defined by WHO and CDC.
- We have implemented protocols that require visitors to Packsize facilities to exercise the same prevention efforts as mentioned above and we are limiting on-site interaction from non-employees. We have begun to isolate and protect our global production sites from outside contact to avoid interruptions.
- Packsize’s automation solutions can reduce operational labor density, thereby, improving resilience during times of labor disruptions. Packsize is prepared to support any request and plan together with your team.
As a global manufacturing technology company, Packsize has extensive experience in planning for and responding to a wide variety of situations. We remain unwaveringly committed to supporting each of you, especially during these uncertain times.
This is a very dynamic situation. Packsize may have further updates as new information becomes available. We are happy to report that no Packsize employee has been infected with COVID-19 to date.
In continued health and wellness,
Hanko Kiessner | CEO — Packsize International LLC